We have a vision of Monkey Park becoming the centre of community based activities in the Brampton area, providing a convenient space for people to learn and innovate.
Initially we want to enhance our (very) local environment near our building...
We successfully bid for a 'Pocket Parks' grant which will enable us to put a surfaced path in Chester Street Park opposite our building, complete with benches and flower bulbs. Later in the year we will repaint the fence too.
- Local businesses are vital for local economic prosperity. We are launching a Community Economic Development plan.
- Interested in all things digital? Monkey Park now hosts the Spire Digital meet up.
- Kath, our local crochet expert, runs a weekly meet up in the cafe.
- Monkey Park book club meets monthly, copies of the current read are available in the cafe.
- Interested in all things 'eco'? Green Teas (organised by Transition Chesterfield) meets monthly.
- Transition Chesterfield also run the Repair Cafe every two months at Monkey Park.
Our Events page has details of all the clubs and meet-ups that are happening at Monkey Park.
More than anything, we want members of the local community to get involved and contribute their ideas. If there is something you would like to see happening at Monkey Park, please let us know!